Tuesday, August 28, 2012

When inspiration hits...

I'm doing a late post today! I had the craziest dream the other night. I won't go into detail because you will think I'm crazy. My husband and sister do when I tell them my dreams, but luckily, I convinced them how seriously awesome I am before I started telling them. So, the dream....It was crazy, but it planted the seed for another story. While my current WIP is more in the fantasy genre, this one is leaning to be in the more sex, drugs, and rock and roll drama. I'm still working out the kinks for the idea of it, then gotta work out the kinks for the first draft, and yada yada yada. Just know that there's a sexy musician, a sweet girl, drugs, and love, both wanted and unwanted involved. Oh yeah, I know you're intrigued. Now, when I get ideas, I want to write them down before I forget. Thank goodness there's an app for that! For quick notes like grocery store stuff, chores, and the likes, I use an app called 'Notes'. Pretty aptly named, right? When I get ideas for a story, there's usually a lot more to it than I can summarize in a quick sentance. For these kinda things, I use an app called 'A Novel Idea'. It's AWESOME! You can put in different characters and it asks you their height, age, skin tone, even their race! It also asks what external and internal conflicts and movtivations are. You can really break down these characters and see what makes them tick! If that's not cool enough, you can add settings, scenes, locations, and attach these to whichever book you want. Did I mention you can do all this for more than one book? I love it. Whenever a thought hits like, 'x can be y at z', I just whip my phone out, got to 'A Novel Idea' and put it in! No more forgotten ideas!

3 comments:

prerna pickett said...

A lot of my dreams have inspired ideas for novels. I have a notebook I write these in, but having an app sounds a bit easier. It's amazing what technology allows us to do.

Donna L Martin said...

Greetings!

I'm hopping over from GUTGAA and visiting some blogs before the fun begins! Nice to meet you...you have a lovely blog!

Donna L Martin
www.donnalmartin.com
www.donasdays.blogspot.com

Heather M Bryant said...

I do that too! Mine's called 'writing' - because, you know, I'm terribly creative - but it's the same thing essentially. It keeps my head screwed on right.

Post a Comment

Thoughts from super awesome people!