Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Favorite Quote


There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. - Maya Angelou

I love this quote. It's even the screen saver on my desktop. Those who aren't writers probably won't understand the truth behind this statement. Those of us who are... well, you know what I'm talking about.

A story may start off as something small; a dream, a commercial you saw on tv, a pin on Pinterest. Then it slowly begins to build and build, until it's a whirling tornado of a whole other world inside of you, begging to get out. It occupies your mind during lunch meetings, while you're doing the dishes, while you sleep. It keeps crawling its way to the front of your subconcious until you finally give and pour your soul out on paper.

You get so enthralled in the demands of your characters, their problems, their joys. They won't stop hounding you until you've given them closure. They want the world to know what they're going through and you're the only one who can translate for them.

What's your favorite quote?

*Don't forget to follow me at my new address! I will no longer be posting on this one beginning May 18, 2013!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts from super awesome people!