Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It's that time of month again... no, not that one!

I know right where your mind went, but thankfully we're so not going to go there! It's the first Wednesday of the month, which means:

 
This is such a great group. I love getting encouragement from other writers and seeing that other people struggle with the same things I do. Although writing is usually a solitary thing, it's nice to know we're not alone out there. If you are one of my lovely followers, you've probably noticed I've been absent from here for a few weeks. If you're popping over here from somewhere else, welcome and now you know I'm a slacker. Wonderful first impression, isn't it? While I've been gone, here's what has happened:
  1. I celebrated my 25th birthday. Yay me, I'm a quarter of a century old. It was lots of fun. Hubby took the day off work, brought me 25 roses with presents from him and the kids. We took the kids out for a family date, then dropped them off with the inlaws so the hubby and I could have a date night. As our date night involved pizza, it was awesome.
  2. My oldest had her first picture day at preschool. Not much of a milestone, but it was still exciting for us. She's had her outfit picked out for weeks.
  3. The hubby is working on day shift for a couple of weeks, so we can actually have a social life again.
  4. We took a leisurely drive up the colorful American Fork canyon. I love fall!
Yeah, September was a fun month for us. That's the main reason I've been MIA around here. The other reason is... I'm not sure what to write about. My novels are coming along, but I'm talking about my blog. Whenever I do something, I research the heck out of it. Sewing, crocheting, being pregnant, planting a garden, you name it. I'll spend hours pouring over different websites to figure out the best way to do things and the different ways you can do them. Since this is my method, I did the same for blogging. Let me tell you, the only thing consistent in the how-to-blog blogs, was to post consistently. Some say write strictly about writing. Others say don't focus too much on the writing aspect. Then another will pop up and say 'whatever, just write about anything'. I like having some sort of idea of what to do. If I don't have a plan, I tend to get overwhelmed then shut down. That's what happened here. When I read a fellow writer's blog, I like to read a little of everything. Their day at the amusement park with the kids, writing advice, their struggles with their novel, book reviews. I could easily go on and on about the crazy things my kids do or why my MC is about ready to get her neck strangled by me. But writing advice? When do you get to that point that you can give writing advice? For now, I'm content just listening to the advice. What insecurities have been bothering you lately?
 






4 comments:

Ink in the Book said...

Sounds like your month went well. Cheers to you and her's hoping this month brings even better things:)

Dani said...

Shouldn't you be having your quarter life crisis then? You life sounds like it's in a perfect state right now. Sometimes life is so perfect that there simple is nothing to write about.

Unknown said...

Hi Diana,

Just wanted to let you now I choose you for the Liebster Award check it on my blog

Mina Lobo said...

Belated wishes for a happy birthday! Sounds like a fun day was enjoyed by all!

I remember picture days with my kid: I'd get stoked and pick outfits, he'd pull a face at the camera, I'd get annoyed when the proofs came back...ah, good times. :-)
Mina's Resurrection Blogfest!

Post a Comment

Thoughts from super awesome people!