Monday, November 21, 2011

NaNoWriMo

Those of you in the writing world may have seen this around lately. Maybe you even know what it means. I had no idea. For those of you on my side, allow me to enlighten you. NaNoWriMo stands for 'National Novel Writing Month'. How serendipitous is it that the month I come out of the "I'm-a-writer" closet, is the month that is dedicated to writing a novel? I'm thinking it's a sign. There's even a whole sited dedicated to NaNoWriMo. Oddly enought, it's nanowrimo.org. The whole point of NaNoWriMo is, as I'm sure you guessed, to write a novel in 30 days. Or at least 50,000 words of it. The whole point is to get you writing. It doesn't have to be perfect, it doesn't even have to make much sense. JUST. WRITE. After you write, you can edit and revise to your heart's content. You can polish, shine, and buff until it sparkles like a new trophy. The hard part is to just get it out there. You might be saying, "Diana, it's almost the end of November already, there is no way I'm writing 50,000 words from now until then". To that I reply, that's fine. Make your own start/end date for your own NaNoWriMo. Don't deny the world of all those amazing ideas running around in your head due to some technicalities. Bust out that pen and paper or computer and keyboard and get writing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts from super awesome people!