Monday, September 3, 2012

Getting to know you....GUTGAA meet & greet

Hey all that are stopping by from GUTGAA! If you're not, click the linky on my side bar ----> and sign up! So, a little about me. I'm so glad Deana poster a list of questions, because I'm never quite sure what to say about myself.


-Where do you write?
Usually at my desktop in the front room. Occasionally I will try finger pecking on the iPad if my kids are insistent that I watch TV with them.

-Quick. Go to your writing space, sit down and look to your left. What is the first thing you see?
My son’s toy truck that plays ‘Funky Town’. J

-Favorite time to write?
After my husband leaves for work. By then, the kids are fed and off playing, so I can have some alone time. For about five minutes.

-Drink of choice while writing?
Either water or Squirt. If it’s been a rough day, then Squirt in a wine glass. Hey, it’s the thought that counts.

-When writing , do you listen to music or do you need complete silence?
I can work either way most of the time. If a scene is being particularly difficult, then I’ll hit up Pandora and pick a station to help set the mood.

-What was your inspiration for your latest manuscript and where did you find it?
The two that I am working on right now both came from dreams. My most recent one came from a dream involving Adam Levine from Maroon 5. No, it was not “one of those” kind of dreams!

-What's your most valuable writing tip?
Hmmm….that’s a good one. Get it all out on paper. Or screen for most people. You can go back and edit the crap out of it later. Even if you’re at a scene that you know you’ll probably cut or completely change, but you need filler to get to the next scene that you’re going to rock, put it on that screen.


24 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

Hee hee, what's the point in dreaming about Adam Levine if it isn't THAT kind of dream? ;) I am a big Adam fan! :D

Lovely to meet you, your blog is gorgeous! Have a great time during GUTGAA!

Unknown said...

"Escaping my reality to write someone else's" - great line, exactly how I feel!

Don't you love those 5 minutes of alone time? Kids are great. Nice to meet you!

Brittany Pate said...

So nice to meet you! Your blog is lovely. I occasionally get to enjoy those 5 minutes, too. It's amazing how productive you can be when you know you don't have long. :)

Alleged Author said...

A truck that plays "Funky Town"? That is hilarious! I'm your newest follower. Very nice to meet you!

AA
http://anallegedauthor.blogspot.com/

Jocelyn Rish said...

I wish I was further along in my rewrite so I could take advantage of GUTGAA. Good luck with it!

Also wishing you a very productive #writemotivation month,
Jocelyn

Kelley Lynn said...

I never dream, so I can't get my inspiration from there... that's so cool you did though!

SO nice to meet you! :)

PK HREZO said...

Hi there! Nice to meet you!
Your blog is so pretty. :)
Wait til the kids are in school and life is complete bliss.

Unknown said...

Your blog looks great! I also try to write while the children are otherwise engaged, but it doesn't work very well unless I retreat to the basement. Nice to meet you!

J. Lea Lopez said...

Hey, whether it's "one of those" dreams or not, Adam Levine can visit me in my sleep any time! :-) Nice to meet'n'greet you through GUTGAA.

Angie Sandro said...

Waves hello. I'm #15. Nice to meet you. Good luck with GUTGAA.

Jeannette said...

Nice to meet you! I don't even try for those 5 minute spurts anymore... it doesn't work in this house! Have fun with GUTGAA!

Nicole said...

Hi Diana. Nice to *meet* you. Great tip about getting our ideas out on paper first.

Jess Schira said...

I don't care what kind of dream it may be, the addition of Adam Levine is going to be appreciated. It's nice meeting you :)

Jessica L. Celaya said...

Great writing tip! I agree! Is Squirt the grapefruit flavored soda? I loved that as a kid (and now).

Unknown said...

I dropped by (and followed) for the IWSG blog-hop, but I see that you're in another one, too. Busy, busy. I can barely keep up with one. :-)

Nancy Thompson said...

It's nice to meet you. I'm a new follower via the Insecure Writer's Support Group, but I'm also a GUTGAA judge (weeks 5-6). I look forward to dropping in during the following weeks.

katherineamabel said...

I NEED a toy truck that plays funky town. That is, quite possibly, the coolest thing I've ever heard of today. :P Good luck in GUTGAA!
Kat
http://beyondthehourglassbridge.blogspot.com.au

Anonymous said...

My husband loves Squirt! Also, I'm very intrigued by this truck that plays "Funky Town"... interesting. Nice to meet you!

http://midwesternfarmgirl.wordpress.com said...

Really, what better way to start the day than with "Funky Town"? Best! Heather
themysteryofwriting.wordpress.com
midwesternfarmgirl.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Hi Diana,
I agree with your writing ti 100%. First drafts are for getting it out there.

Anonymous said...

squirt? do they still make that?

Ink in the Book said...

Hey! Nice to meet you (again)
I love, "It's the thought that counts..." I know what you mean:)

jessika fleck said...

I hear you on getting five minutes of golden alone time when you have kids! Great to meet you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Diana! I was tagged, so I tagged you in the GUTGAA Tag You're It! Game. Go to my blog and see!

Post a Comment

Thoughts from super awesome people!