Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Insecure Wednesday

Sorry to those of you who have stopped over from IWSG and didn't have a post to read! It's great to mee you though! I've been putting off getting on the computer today, because I know that when I do, I need to work on my WIP. Well, duh, of course I do, but I'm sorta stuck. Shocking, I know. Does this ever happen to you? Are things going along great then all of a sudden your characters look at you and say, "There is no way I'm going to do what you think you want me to do." Or even worse, you have no idea what you want them to do next? I'm at the latter of the crossroads right now. My MC is stuck between two guys, but not sure if I should have her leaning towards one or the other right now. *Sigh* If my wonderful critique partners are reading this, you know who I'm talking about. HELP ME!!! Okay, I'm good now.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you're talking about! Obviously. lol I think that struggle is a good thing to show in your writing. even if you know who she will choose, she will have thoughts that make her question. That is part of what makes a story so great! Love triangles can be overdone but if done right, they only increase the tension. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sounds like an IWSG post to me! Bounce some ideas off a critique partner or other writer. You'll figure out what to do next.

Ink in the Book said...

My MC is making me pretty mad right now. She refuses to talk to me and I'm not for sure what I've done to make her angry with me. I *think* I offended her because I told her she was going to die.

Nice to meet you through ISWG. New follower saying hi! I noticed you are part of GUTGAA and so I'll hop to that post next...

Heather M Bryant said...

^Ink in the book - LOL! I've been there before...

Well I'm not sure what you're talking about Diana, but I think it always helps to talk your way through a situation. You could also list some things to do with either guy and have people vote if you're REALLY stuck! But I think the best thing to do is listen to your characters.
Maybe your MC is at a stage where she really can't be with either guy. Maybe one of them smells? Maybe she's shallow or only sees them in the friend zone? Her road to figuring out why she isn't interested can be just as fun to write as her getting with one of them.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Sorry I'm late, Diana. Happy IWSG. And don't worry, the muse will return. She always does.

Post a Comment

Thoughts from super awesome people!